This article explains how you can quickly find your gateway (router) IP, Local IP, and global IP using your android phone.
You will require your router IP address to access the router settings panel. Often, it is printed on a label in routers and in manuals.
In case, you don’t know your router IP, no worries! You can easily find your router gateway IP through connected laptops/computers and can do the same using our android phone or apple phone.
Each of these IP addresses (Public, Local, Router) serves a different purpose and we have covered them in detail.
How to find router IP address on android
Router IP also is known as router gateway IP is used to login to the router admin area to configure your wifi router settings (like wifi password change, blocking device, parental controls, etc). You just got to type your router IP in your web browser to access the router admin interfaces.
Follow the below instructions to find router IP address on android:
- Make sure you are connected to the wifi.
- Go to “Setting” and tap on “Wi-Fi” settings or you can also tap and hold the “Wi-Fi” icon from the notification bar on the Home screen.
- Now tap on the connected “wi-fi name” and that will pop up your network details.
- In some android versions, you have to tap on “manage network” then checkmark on “Show advanced options” and under “IP settings” select “Static” to get your gateway IP.
Screenshots of a step-by-step process to find router IP on Phone (follow step -Right to left)
For instance, the router IP is 192.168.100.1, and to access the router settings page, I simply have to type it (192.168.100.1) into my internet browser.
You can use the app IP tools or similar apps to find your router IP and network details. In case, you don’t want to manually find it.
How to find a local IP address on Android
Local IP is used to identify devices on your network. Each device that connects to the network gets automatically assigned a local IP address by wifi router.
Using local IP address you can also connect multiple devices to each other.
Follow the below steps to find local IP address on android:
- Go to “Settings” and scroll down until you find the “About Phone” option.
- Tap on “About Phone” and then tap on “Status” – local IP is listed under the “IP address” box (check below given screenshots).
You may see both versions of the IP address ( IPv 4 & Ipv 6) listed.
- IPv4 is 4 digit numeric.
- Ipv6 contains digit and alphabets
You should use Ipv4 (for example, 192.168.4.5) to connect with other devices.
How to find a Global IP address on Android?
The global IP address is also known as Public/External IP address, this IP address assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). It is a unique identity of your machine to identify your computer on the world wide web (Internet).
Public IP is unique for each device on the internet, In some rare cases; if your ISP allot the same IP address to someone else in the network, You will get IP conflict issues.
For instance, if another person with the same assigned IP as yours; connects to the internet while you are online, you will get disconnected due to conflict IP.
Windows OS will give you alert if there is conflict IP issue and you have to complain to your ISP for a fix.
Here is a simple method to find your global IP address:
- Open your default web browser (chrome, safari, firefox, etc).
- Go to google.com and search “what is my IP”. You will see your public IP at the top of the search result.
- Alternatively, You can also check your global IP on sites such as – www.whatismyip.com or www.whatismyaddress.com or www.iplocation.net.
Screenshot of Public IP
You can also use the IP finder apps from google play store to find your global IP address.
that’s all, I hope this tutorial helped you to check your router IP, public IP, and local IP address. Please do let me know your queries and suggestions in the comment section.