Keeping default PLDT DSL SSID (Wifi name) and Password is a security risk factor and you should change your SSID and password after setting up your router. Most of the home users simply ignore and keep the default PLDT password and SSID, this help intruders to easily get into your network by using default login details and use your wifi internet.
Here is a step by step easy user guide to change your PLDT DSL home wifi SSID name:
- Make sure your wifi router is ON & connected.
- Type 192.168.0.1 or http://pldthomewifisettings.net into your internet browser. You will be redirected to the log-in page. Type your PLDT wifi user id and password.
- After logging into your router admin panel, click on “Setup” tab.
- Click WLAN setup tab => then click on “Basic”. On the right-hand side, you will get the option to change your SSID name, type your new SSID name and save your setting by clicking on the “Apply Changes” button.
- Make sure you click on the “Save” button from the left side panel to make your SSID name permanent. If you fail to do so, the router will reset your SSID back to the default name when you reboot it.
How To Change PLDT WiFi Password
here is the step by step quick guide to change your PLDT DSL wifi password and secure your network:
- Login to your router user control panel by typing http://pldthomewifisettings.net or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser.
- Go to the “Setup” tab and click on “Security”
- Now from the right panel, under “Encryption” select “WPA2 or WPA2 Mixed”.
- In the Pre-Shared Key box, type your new password, click on Apply changes button then Save button from the left side panel.
- After clicking on Save, you will be disconnected and you have to connect your computer & devices again by typing in your wifi new password.
- Do this to connect wifi with the new password, In your device’s wifi section, select your network and click on “forget”. Now again, click on connect to your network=> you will be asked to type password => typed your new password.
- Make sure you keep a password something unique and easy to remember and write it down somewhere.
that’s all !! You successfully changed your PLDT DSL wifi password and SSID and your wifi network are fully secure from the uninvited guest on your network.
PLDT Home DSL Wifi FAQ:
How to change wifi password PLDT home DSL using a cell phone?
You can change your PLDT Home DSL wifi password by following the above-given instructions. Just open your web browser on the phone and follow the guide given in this post. If you have some difficulty like the page is not displaying correctly or page breaks. Just enable “desktop view” on your phone browser.
Here is a quick summary to Change PLDT Home DSL wifi password:
1. Type in browser http://192.168.0.1
2. Login into your Admin panel and go to the Setup tab => Security => Encryption – select WPA2.
3. In the Pre-shared box, type your new password and click on Save buttons. Done!!
4. Connect to wifi again with your new password.
How to find my PLDT Home wifi password?
You can easily find out your PLDT wifi password by logging into your router control panel, then go to “Setup” -> Security-> Pre-Shared key – Check the box “Show Pre-Shared Key” and that will display your password.
How do I check my PLDT home DSL Internet speed?
The speed of your internet will depend on your internet plan subscription. However, If you want to speed test your internet, you can quickly check download and upload speed here.