Not changing a default PLDT DSL SSID (Wifi name) and Password is a security risk factor and I will urge that you should change the PLDT DSL wifi password and SSID after completing up your router setup.
Most of the home users simply ignore this important step and keeps the default PLDT password and SSID, this help intruders to easily get into your network by using default network login details and use your wifi internet and access all devices that are connected to the network.
Follow the below-given steps to change your default PLDT DSL wifi name and password.
Here is a step by step easy user guide to change your PLDT DSL home wifi SSID name:
- First, make sure your wifi router is ON & connected.
- Type 192.168.0.1 or http://pldthomewifisettings.net into your internet browser. You will be redirected to the log-in page. Type your PLDT wifi user id and password.
- After logging into your router admin panel, click on the “Setup” tab.
- Click WLAN setup tab => then click on “Basic“. On the right-hand side, you will get the option to change your SSID name, type your new SSID name, and save your setting by clicking on the “Apply Changes” button.
- Do not forget to click on the “Save” button from the left side panel to make your SSID name permanent. If you fail to do so, the router will reset your SSID back to the default name whenever you reboot it.
After changing the Wifi name, Follow the below-given steps to change your Password.
- 1 How To Change PLDT WiFi Password
- 2 How to change wifi password PLDT home DSL using a cell phone?
- 3 How to find my PLDT Home wifi password?
- 4 How do I check my PLDT home DSL Internet speed?
- 5 192.168.0.1 or pldthomewifisettings.net is not opening?
- 6 I don’t see an option to “forget Wifi” on my wifi list?
How To Change PLDT WiFi Password
here is the step by step quick guide to change your PLDT DSL wifi password and secure your network:
- Login to your router user control panel by typing http://pldthomewifisettings.net or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser.
- Go to the “Setup” tab and click on “Security“
- Now from the right panel, under “Encryption” select “WPA2 or WPA2 Mixed“.
- In the Pre-Shared Key box, type your new password, click on Apply changes button then Save button from the left side panel.
- After clicking on Save, you will be disconnected and you have to connect your computer & devices again by typing in your wifi new password.
- Do this to connect wifi with the new password, In your device’s wifi section, select your network and click on “forget“. Now again, click on connect to your Wifi=> you will be asked to type password => type your new password.
- Make sure you keep a password something unique and easy to remember and write it down somewhere.
that’s all !! You successfully changed your PLDT DSL wifi password and SSID and your wifi network are secure. Check out this guide to completely sure your wifi network.
PLDT Home DSL Wifi FAQ:
How to change wifi password PLDT home DSL using a cell phone?
You can change your PLDT Home DSL wifi password by following the above-given instructions. Just open your web browser on the phone and follow the guide given in this post. If you have some difficulty like the page is not displaying correctly or page breaks. Just enable “desktop view” on your phone browser.
Here is a quick summary to Change PLDT Home DSL wifi password:
1. Type in browser http://192.168.0.1 or http://pldthomewifisettings.net
2. Login in to your Admin panel and go to the Setup tab => Security => Encryption – select WPA2.
3. In the Pre-shared box, type your new password and click on Save buttons. Done!!
4. Now just connect to wifi again with your new password.
How to find my PLDT Home wifi password?
You can easily find out your PLDT wifi password by logging into your router control panel, then go to “Setup” -> Security-> Pre-Shared key – Check the box “Show Pre-Shared Key” and that will display your password.
How do I check my PLDT home DSL Internet speed?
The speed of your internet will depend on your internet plan subscription. However, If you want to speed test your internet, you can quickly check download and upload speed on any speed test website.
Changing 2.5Ghz or 5 GHz Channel can fix your poor wifi signal and speed. Option to change Channel can be found under the Admin area.
192.168.0.1 or pldthomewifisettings.net is not opening?
Follow these steps if you can’t access pldthomewifisettings.net or 192.168.0.1 on your browser
- Check if your Wifi is On and connected to your computer/device – from which you are trying to open a browser.
- Clear your browser cache (sometimes Browser shows cache pages). Also, give a try by a private browser (incognito mode)
- Under command prompt, type “Ipconfig” & hit enter. Check the default gateway section and type that IP address into your browser to access the router admin area.
I don’t see an option to “forget Wifi” on my wifi list?
If you are using Windows 7 or earlier OS, there are chances that you don’t get “forget wifi”. No worries, just follow these steps
- Right-click on your wifi name and check if you see the “forget” option, If you don’t, check step-2
- Right-click wifi name and click on “Properties” -> Click on “Security” tab-> in Network Security Key box-> write your new password-> hit “Save“. Now just connect again to your wifi.
I hope this tutorial helped you to change your PLDT DSL home wifi name and password. drop your question and queries in comment box.