Change PLDT home fibr wifi name & password to secure your wifi network. Most of the user keeps a default SSID name and password which is commonly available on the internet. So, it is not hard for an intruder to connect to your wifi network and access the internet without your concern.
You should change your PLDT fiber default SSID name (Wifi name) and password details to keep the intruder and strangers away from accessing your home wifi internet.
This step-by-step guide is to change Pldt home fiber wifi name and password.
In this guide, we will learn the following:
- How to login PLDT router Home
- How to Change PLDT Home Fibr Admin & Password
- How to Change PLDT Home Fibr Wifi name and Password.
- PLDT Home Wifi Settings
- PLDT IP Address
How to Change PLDT Home Fibr WiFi (SSID) name and password
1. Make sure your computer or phone is connected to Wifi router
2. Open your default internet browser (Chrome/Firefox/Safari) and type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, to open PLDT home fibr Admin panel page.
3. Type default login details, Username: Admin and Password: 1234, If you had already changed the default login details then use your login credentials. In case, you didn’t change it and the given login details don’t work then try to check in the bottom panel of router (default router admin details usually mentioned there)
If your browser shows security risk warning: Your connection is not private. Just click on Proceed to 192.168.0.1 link
4. After login, the account management page will appear and from there change your username & password.
You will see a page as shown in above screenshot image. There you can do Pldt home wifi settings such as:
- Account Management : This is where you change your router username & password. You will need these details to login router admin page.
- 2.4G SSID1 : You can change your 2.4 G wifi name and password
- 5G SSID1 : Here you can change 5G band wifi name and Password.
Type the wifi name you want to keep in the SSID box. I will recommend to keep the 2.4G & 5G login details the same to avoid confusion.
Also, remember the PLDT password should be minimum of 12-32 characters long and must contain numbers and symbols. For example “Smile@your_face”
Note down your password and keep it somewhere safe for a quick check when needed.
I can’t access 192.168.0.1 PLDT Fibr
Follow this method to access PLDT fiber admin page:
- Clear your browser caches, history, and cookies
- Flush DNS cache – Start-> open command prompt or type “cmd” in search box -> type “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit “enter” button
- Make sure you are writing router IP without “https” or “www” in your browser, simply type 192.168.0.1 and hit the “enter” button and If it doesn’t work then it is not your router/modem IP address. Try 192.168.1.1 or http://pldthomewifisettings.net
- Or Open Command Prompt and type “ipconfig”, You will find your router default gateway IP address under “Default Gateway” type that IP in browser to login router admin panel.
- Try accessing your PLDT fiber Admin page on your phone browser.
- Make sure your wifi is connected to the computer/phone.
- Someone else has not already logged in the admin page, switch off your router and On it again after a min.
That’s all, This how you change your PLDT home fibr password and Wifi name. Let me know in the comment section if you got any queries.
Frequently Asked Question:
Why I should change my PLDT admin user name and password?
Keeping the default admin login details is a security risk. anyone who is in your wifi rage can easily visit your router admin page and sign in with default login details and makes certain changes in your router to get access to your computers and device.
How do I change my PLDT home fibr wifi password on Phone?
The process of changing the PLDT home fibr password is the same on computers and phones. Just open your phone browser and follow the given steps in this post to change the wifi password.
I don’t remember my PLDT Home Fibr Login details?
If the given login details don’t work, you can reset your router to the factory default setting and then use the default login details.
What is the PLDT helpline number?
PLDT customer care number is 171. If you having some network issues or need help regarding your PLDT home fiber you can dial that number for customer support help.